Under close supervision, the Materials Handler performs day to day operations within the Material Management group to include:
- Updating inventory
- Handling and processing raw materials
- Batch related components
- And sample collection and deliveries to ensure Production requirements are met.
Material Handlers ensure adequate supplies of material are on hand, clean equipment and materials to the proper standards for the production environment and maintain accurate inventory counts.
|Percentage of Time Spent||Job Function (In order of %)|
|1)||30%||Ensure materials, supplies and miscellaneous receipts are received, processed, documented and maintained in accordance with standard operating procedures, including the handling of temperature sensitive and hazardous materials.|
SAP functions/ordering, receiving, updating inventory, confirming inventory and return of
Post batch materials transferred to proper storage location.
Cold Box, Freezers.
|2)||25%||Clean in materials and equipment to support a continuous flow in the Production process.|
|3)||15%||Stock gowning and empty trash from suites, general housekeeping, on a daily basis. Maintain areas to required GMP clean standards.|
|4)||10%||Maintain cGMP compliance to include labeling, FEFO, documentation, etc.|
|5)||10%||Become cross-trained alternately between Staging and Warehouse disciplines.|
|6)||5%||Prepare hazardous waste and materials for disposal in coordination with EH&S. Clean empty containers for recycling.|
|7)||5%||Keep current on all required training.|
|(No less than 5%)|
• Knowledge – SAP system
- Knowledge – Basic inventory counting, understanding of FEFO and stock rotation, able to request materials in the correct amounts in a timely manner. Understanding of applicable SOP’s.
- Skills – Strong communication skills, attention to detail.
- Abilities – Able to receive materials, label and put away with minimal error. Order and clean in materials and equipment properly. Able to follow detailed instructions.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
- Class E Chauffeurs License (helpful)
- Basic PC skills
- Forklift experience helpful
- Position requires mobility between buildings, including exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Equipment/machinery/tools used may include forklifts, pallet jack, drum dolly, barrel hoist, strapping machine and company vehicles
Note: This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional duties may be performed, as assigned. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join