Sourcing Manager (m/f)
Job ID :
Germany - Berlin|Germany - Hennigsdorf
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
As one of the largest biotechnology companies in Germany, we research, develop and produce innovative biomarker diagnostics and distribute our products in more than 65 countries. B•R•A•H•M•S is based in Hennigsdorf near Berlin, which is home to about 285 of the company’s 550 employees worldwide.
For our site in Hennigsdorf/Berlin we are looking for a
Sourcing Manager (m/f)
In this role you will be responsible for handling the company’s end to end sourcing operations. The successful candidate will be able to appraise and improve our sourcing activities by analyzing the company’s spending, supplying partnerships and new possibilities.
• Manage the company’s supply portfolio ensuring transparency of spending
• Generate and implement efficient sourcing and category management strategies
• Analyze and calculate costs of procurement and suggest methods to decrease expenditure
• Invent negotiation strategies and secure profitable deals
• Optimize sourcing procedures to attain maximum efficiency
• Cooperate with stakeholders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
• Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
• Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
• Estimate risks and apply risk minimizing techniques
• Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers
• Ensure import compliance
• Proven work experience as a sourcing manager or procurement manager
• Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management and relevant software (esp. SAP)
• Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgment
• Strong project management and leadership skills
• Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships
• Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing and interpreting data
• Solid judgment with ability to make good decisions
• BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
• Employment with an innovative, future-oriented organization.
• Outstanding career and development prospects.
• Company pension scheme.
• Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join