When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position Summary: Supports the manufacturing and warehouse processes by performing job duties in a safe and efficient manner by using good judgment in the delivery of materials and products within the plant and to the customer. Will complete the essential job duties and responsibilities in a timely manner, while maintaining accurate inventory and assisting our team in meeting our scheduled demands.
- Attends training and meetings when ask to do so in order to maintain awareness of safety, work flow, etc.
- Communicates effectively to ensure quality and safety goals are accomplished.
- Confers and corresponds with appropriate individuals to troubleshoot problems, such as damages, shortages, etc.
- Delivers or routes materials to departments, using work devices, such as pallet jacks, fork lifts, etc., to move materials.
- Fills pick orders accurately and timely to insure production demands are supported, customer-specific instructions are met, etc.
- Focuses on multiple job duties simultaneously, prioritizing, and completing each task in a timely manner.
- Handles fragile materials and considers consequences of damage when loading, moving, and delivering parts.
- Maintains awareness of work environment and traffic at all times to insure safety of workers and maintain quality of materials.
- Mark or read/compare identifying information such as location, part numbers, description, quantity, etc., that are written in English.
- Operates scanner system to maintain inventory, parts, processing orders, shipping status, etc.
- Prioritizes tasks and initiate appropriate steps to complete job goals in a self-motivated manner.
- Read work orders computerized/written or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material or equipment needs.
- Reads orders, labels, etc., throughout the material handling process and routes materials to appropriate department.
- Stands and walks on concrete floor, reaching, lifting, etc., to complete job tasks.
- Utilize computer to enter, retrieve, track, generate labels, ship customer orders, etc., and gather information related to material movement and department goals.
- Wears appropriate PPE when performing job duties such as high visibility clothing, earplugs, safety shoes, safety glasses, etc.
- Works in a manner that focuses on personal and environmental safety by hearing/reading and adhering to safety standards and training that is written and spoken in English.
- Works with others to accomplish best flow of materials and information throughout work area, and plant wide.
- Assists others when possible to achieve department goals of completing all orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
- Examines and inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to operators or supervisors.
- Identifies items that have expiration dates and rotates accordingly.
- Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Observes department activities and works with others to identify errors and work toward continuous improvement on an on-going basis.
- Operate equipment such as fork truck, order picker, reach truck, company vehicle(s) etc., when trained and/or authorized/licensed to do so.
- Performs count on designated parts to be moved and adjusts errors when needed.
- Reads and follows MSDS related to materials being transported throughout plant and includes MSDS sheets in shipping.
- Receive and send e-mail communications regarding job details.
- Record numbers of units/materials moved, using daily reports such as spreadsheets, log sheets, etc.
- Records details related to packing boxes for shipment to customers on shop copy of packing list for future reference when/if needed.
- Select appropriate hand/power tools needed to crate/band/cut or score boxes, etc., and return tools after use.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- Sweep and otherwise maintain floors in work area (inside and outside) to maintain clear walk way.
- Determine work assignments and procedures by verbal instruction (English).
- Performs equipment safety check and completes documentation as required.
- Education Requirements: High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Experience Requirements: One to three years experience in manufacturing, industrial or warehouse setting.
- Previous experience with shipping and warehousing is preferred.
- Physical Demands:
- Operates equipment using hand and foot controls and observes surrounding areas for safety issues.
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, or containers, by hand or using hand-trucks, tractor/trailer, or other equipment.
- Ability to stand, bend, stretch, reach, climb, repetitively to accomplish goals of the warehouse and stock room and direct impact of company-wide production and shipping goals.
- Ability to work inside and outside in hot and cold conditions in a noisy, hectic, dusty work area near production areas and in heavy foot and motorized traffic areas requiring attention to personal and environmental safety guidelines.
- Ability to frequently lift and maneuver items that vary in size weighing up to 50 pounds individually or occasionally with assistance from others or by utilizing automated equipment.
- Other Skills:
- Ability to work in team environment and communicate well with others.
- Ability to observe all activities throughout work areas to accomplish safety goals for self and others.
- Computer Experience: Ability to maintain basic knowledge of SAP Operating System, Windows Operating System and Inventory control procedures.
- Minimum assessment on ACT WorkKeys of Workplace Observation Level 3 and Locating Information Level 3 will be preferred.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join