When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Designer Draftsman’s role is to support site product manufacturing in a Plastic Injection Molding facility.
- Primary duties include creating or maintaining product and mold component CAD drawings to sustain Tool Room functions.
- This position collaborates closely with Tooling, Engineering and Quality departments to set dimensional controls required for production.
- Responsibilities include following document control and change process rules set by Thermo Fisher Scientific to maintain drawings and controlled documents.
- Additional daily duties include maintaining Repair Databases, PM Schedules, department Metrics and Training Records using Microsoft Office and other software.
- Other duties may include maintaining Tool Room component inventory, requesting vendor quotes or submitting purchase requisitions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create/maintain CAD drawings Entry level mold design work Support issuance of Engineering Change Orders (ECO) as necessary
- Team collaboration on Practical Process Improvement (PPI) projects Provide technical support for Tooling, Production, Engineering, Quality, New Product Implementation (NPI), R&D, Scheduling and Procurement departments as needed
- Provide technical support to peers or projects to make quality and performance improvements
- Ability to manage small projects as an individual or team member
- Adhere to all safety, corporate and regulatory standards
- Create/maintain technical documents and records using Microsoft Office or Adobe Acrobat applications
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Assoc. Degree, technical certification/license or equivalent training and/or experience in Computer Aided Drawing (CAD). SolidWorks experience is a plus. AutoCAD or CadKey could apply
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience related to Computer Aided Drawing (CAD) in high level manufacturing environment.
- Professional working proficiency in English (verbal and written)
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications
- Technical experience in a plastic injection molding or manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience using Mainsaver® or other Computerized Maintenance Management Systems a plus
Other skills and abilities required include:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Make financial or trigonometric calculations
- Collect, interpret and/or analyze complex data and information
- Make recommendations for corrective actions
- Ability to use precision measuring tools/equipment (calipers, micrometers, optical comparators, etc.)
- Ability to us e basic hand tools (wrenches, screw drivers, etc.)
- Metrology experience is a plus
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join