As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
In Finland we have over 800 employees in Vantaa and Joensuu. We employ experts in several different functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, support functions and supply chain. We hire experts in different engineering fields, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Vantaa site is located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Our extensive range of products developed and manufactured in Finland includes pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analysers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits.
Please find more information on www.thermofisher.com
Mechanics designer, plastic consumables and pipettes
Are you looking for a role that combines technology development and scientific instruments in various scientific domains? Do you want to be a part of a company known to be a fast-paced global leader in serving science? If so, this might be the perfect role for you.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a Mechanics designer, plastic consumables and pipettes to our innovative R&D team in Vantaa to work with world-known scientific laboratory systems. Your focus will be on plastic consumables and pipettes. You will be a member of a large R&D team that develops also desktop instruments for several new product lines in liquid handling, sample preparation and analysis applications.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys mechanical engineering challenges, likes to work hands-on, and has good negotiation skills. The individual is also innovative and open-minded in his/her thinking. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with a challenging work environment, growth and development through the course of your career.
- Design of pipette tips and other consumables as well as pipettes
- Working as a member of a cross-functional and international team consisting of product management, verification and validation team, tool manufacturers, resin suppliers, and injection molding team
- Participation in product development, generating new ideas, carrying out tests and feasibility studies
- Developing of intellectual property, evaluation of 3rd party and competitor IP
- Supporting product maintenance
- Degree in Polymer Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Materials Processing/Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
- 3-5 years of CAD experience, in particular for design of plastic parts, including drawings and assemblies
- Good communications skills. Capable of interacting with global experts, internally and externally.
- Good analytical skills; creative thinker
- Willingness to learn about new technologies and master new skills outside your previous expertise
- Independent and self-driven personality
- Good English language skills
We value also experience in these areas:
- Prior experience with design and manufacturing of plastic consumables for the cosmetic, laboratory, or pharmaceutical industry
- Understanding of fluid dynamics and liquid behavior on different surfaces
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/. Reference: 61682BR.
Please apply by Sunday the 8th of April.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.