The Account Manager is responsible for managing sales/ account management activities for all assigned locations, defining and driving sales strategies, providing leadership to subordinates and ensuring the achievement of bookings, revenue and business goals.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Own all channel account management responsibilities within assigned territory which include resolving issues accordingly.
- Establish and maintain a strong and trusted relationship with channel partners for assigned territory.
- Aggressively drive channel partners to maximize sales and total partnership potential through sales best practices, training and support. Ensure the existing channel is capable of supporting FEI’s leading technologies and strategies.
- Develop proper channel mix to cover target customers, products, applications and solutions based on territory needs and global strategy. Recruit and develop new channels where needed.
- Own all sales/ account management responsibilities of specified FEI products to all sites including resolving any issues.
- Define, align and implement Account Strategy.
- Maintain accurate quarterly booking forecasts.
- Understand all budget issues at each customer and take strategic action.
- Confirm all system configurations, specifications and acceptance conditions are appropriate for closing orders.
- Manage all User Group activity by product as required.
- Manage system demonstrations by working closely with application engineers and product marketing managers.
- Manage the sales booking process.
- Manage product issues in the field by working closely with the Account service group and application engineers for solutions.
This position is ideal for an experienced professional wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a university degree, preferably in a technical discipline.
- Typically requires 3~5 years of sales management experience in a related product area.
- Highly developed negotiation skills for customer interaction and closure of sales and other issues.
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills to a diverse audience is critical to the success of this position.