The Technical Sales Specialist, Emerging Markets, ATBU will join the EMEA commercial sales team for the Inorganic Mass Spectrometry and Trace Elemental products within Emerging markets primarily to support sales of the ATBU product lines. The job holder will have responsibility for ensuring that the sales channels within the Emerging markets are fully educated in the current Inorganic Mass Spectrometry and Trace Elemental products and in the strategies available to drive successful business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver bookings and revenues for the assigned product lines and territories via the established distribution network in line with the organizational AOP growth targets.
- Close collaboration with the EMEA IOMS Sales team
- Provide the financial (forecast, revenues recognition) and technical information from the field to achieve the targets
- Active use of SFDC to keep IOMS projects timely updated
- Maintain a high level of communication with all distribution channels on technical and sales related topics such as but not limited to:
- Tactical Sales Information
- Tender Responses, quotations
- New Product Features / Training
- Competitive Analysis and Competitive arguments
- New marketing materials
- Applications Updates
- Visit key prospects and customers within the region in conjunction with the local distribution channel to increase brand awareness and product benefits
- Utilise the available product-focused collateral to assist in developing solutions to customers requirements
- Organise and deliver customer-facing technical presentations at key conferences and tradeshows to drive customer awareness and acceptance of the products and capabilities.
- Identify, document and communicate why customers buy and how they use Thermo Fisher Scientific products to all parts of the organization. Provide feedback to the Sr. Manager Sales Development, ATBU on new features needed for success in specific markets, QMI.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- A minimum of an BSc degree in a science based subject or equivalent is required, with 5+ years of experience Inorganic Analysis and Mass Spectrometry
- Demonstrated successful selling via distributers for a minimum of 3 years.
- Demonstrate strong market knowledge and deep experience in applied markets analytical chemistry, Geosciences, Forensics, Food science and related areas
- Demonstrate extensive experience with developing solutions for target customers and working within a distribution led sales team
- Demonstrate extensive experience in assisting sales teams with prospect cultivation
- Must be customer-focused with the ability to develop collaborations with key accounts and end users.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and feel at ease communicating regularly with technical and business teams across multiple sites
- Ability to attend trade shows and investigate product/market opportunities
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Ability to manage deadlines in a fast paced environment and leverage external and internal resources to resolve issues and meet customer needs
- Ability to use MS Office Suite to create notes and presentations
- Ability to travel up top 50%, including international destinations when required
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join