Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity.
Account Manager, LSMS and GC Orbitrap
Location: UK - Remote - Central and North East
Division: Chromatography & Mass Spec Division
Group: Analytical Instruments group
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for identifying prospective buyers of the company’s products and services within a defined geographical region. This activity will require a high level of business development.
- Seeking out for new accounts within the defined territory as well as servicing of existing accounts.
- Execute professional sales calls to increase sales growth and territory penetration
- To negotiate contracts and close orders with end users and purchasing departments and support all procurement processes.
- Maintain and regularly enter accurate and complete customer data and sales project information into the company Customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Provide accurate timely sales forecasts to sales manager via weekly forecast calls and company Customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Be able to clearly identify and interpret customer’s requirements, shape and align their requirements to Thermo Fisher Scientific capabilities and apply Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions to the customer’s needs and effectively communicate these to customers.
- Coordinate activities with other Thermo Fisher Scientific Divisions to maximize exposure at accounts, for example:
- Organizing Thermo Fisher Scientific Seminars and Workshops.
- Sponsoring Account Technology Events
- Exchanging account Information and Sales Leads with other Thermo Fisher Scientificsales colleagues
- Be responsive to customers’ needs, as well as to conditions and trends that affect them and work independently to manage customer relationships.
- Attend and support through technical and business presentations, when required, tradeshows, user meetings, customer seminars and other customer events.
- Serves as a product specialist in the sales process and provide effective on-customer-site product presentations of all assigned products
- Plan and provide to customers order wining demonstration of our instrumentation
- Commercially aware and responsive to the conditions that affect the business. These conditions include knowledge of competition – their products, pricing, procedures and personnel; of customers – their organizations and procedures; of the industries represented by customers.
- When required, assist in the yearly planning of the future financial performance of the Company by providing insight into the prospects for growth in the defined territory.
- Work cooperatively and effectively with your immediate colleagues in the Thermo Fisher Scientific Sales and Service groups as well as with other Thermo Fisher Scientific colleagues to ensure at all times a high level of customer satisfaction with our products and services.
- Utilise divisional resources in the performance of all responsibilities.
- Consistently achieve/ exceed order bookings objectives on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Minimum Degree level qualification in a scientific discipline preferably Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar.
- Relevant experience in a sales environment, preferably capital analytical equipment sales (LC/MS, GC/MS, HPLC, GC).
- A proven track record in achieving sales quotas and experience in use of time in Territory Management.
- A working knowledge of Chromatography (HPLC and GC) and knowledge of Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS and LC/MS) is highly desirable.
- Must also have a broad familiarity with the following industries: Academia, Pharmaceutical, Bio-Pharmaceutical, CRO, Environmental, Food/Flavors, Clinical, Toxicology, Forensics, and Petrochemical/Petroleum and knowledge of both small molecule and large molecule applications in Routine and Research.
- Must be able to identify new target accounts each year and be able to develop and execute territory plans
- Must be highly sales driven and have the ability to work on their own and be creative in developing tactical sales plans and executing these in a timely fashion to deliver results.
- Strong customer focus.
- Have the ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- A good level of interpersonal, motivational and organisational skills.
- Must reside within assigned Territory.
- Ability to travel.
- Hold a Valid UK Driving license.
- Experience of using a CRM, Outlook and MS office suite
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management and ability to multi task.
- Highly motivated and driven.
- Can lead a discussion with scientists as well as commercial stakeholders.
- Self-starter and proactive.
- Must be a team player with ability to interface across internal and external complex matrix organizations.
- Ability to travel within the defined geographical area and to demonstration facilities across Europe. May require overnight stays on occasions up to 20%.
- High level of IT skills/computer literacy.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com Ref: 60692BR
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join