About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Job Title: Inside Sales Representative
Career Band: 5
Job Track: Professional
Position Location: Thermo Fisher office or Remote
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Day/Shift (if applicable): Day
FLSA Status (Exempt/Non-Exempt): Non Exempt
Relocation (if applicable): No
The Inside Sales, Service Contracts representative will sell service contracts for the analytical instrument and laboratory equipment business to existing and new customers located in the Western US: WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM, OK and TX. In additional, this role has responsibilities selling and growing support holistically with major customers including expansion into services on other vendor’s products, multi vendor service. This position includes driving growth by expanding current contracts and acquiring new customers. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent relationship building, influencing, negotiation, and communication skills. This position is based at a Thermo Fisher office location or may work remotely.
The Inside Sales, Service Contracts representative is a member of Unity Lab Services (ULS), one of Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ premier brands. ULS provides customers with service & support for all lab instruments & equipment, regardless of manufacturer. In ULS, we provide complete laboratory support to free researchers to focus on science.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and autonomous work environment. S/he will have previous inside sales experience and working knowledge of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system in a sales position
- Sell Contract Support managing customer accounts in the West/Central US sales territory
- Build and maintain a pipeline of renewal, warranty and new business
- Organically grow focus accounts based on customer needs and expansion of service products.
- Consistently achieve monthly sales goals
- Through sales discovery understand customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
- Regularly report on territory sales performance and pipeline status
- Effectively perform all Administrative functions including but not limited to:
- Submit accurate timecards on weekly basis
- Manage sales opportunities in CRM system
- Perform monthly commission audits
- Monthly reporting of sales metrics and pipeline vitality
- Complete expenses on a monthly basis
- 2-3 years sales experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of the Analytical Instrument and Laboratory Equipment business and markets
- Up to 20% overnight Travel
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Office
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Independent and collaborative work style with strong drive to sell, grow and desire to serve the customer
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join