As a technology innovation-driven business group of Thermo Fisher Scientific (NYSE: TMO), the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG) is grounded in science and innovating for the future. LSG leads life sciences technologies with the creation of brilliant life science research, genetic analysis, bio production and molecular diagnostic instruments and products that enable our customers around the world accelerate scientific discoveries, advance personalized medicine and apply biology beyond research.
- Responsible for translating business strategy into HR strategy and organizational needs to HR solutions and plans, focusing on organizational capabilities, our 4I values, culture and talent management and operational excellence for our Grand Island, NY location.
- Develops HR strategy, solutions and a strategic workforce plan that aligns to the business and function strategy and objectives.
- Ensures activities throughout the site are core, common and consistent.
- Facilitates organizational diagnosis and metrics to drive organizational effectiveness through talent and organizational capabilities and culture. Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions.
- Evaluates work requests from across the organization and determines prioritization with in collaboration with the business and in alignment with the HR model.
- Knowledge and understanding of labor and employment laws (e.g., NLRA, FMLA, Title VII, FCRA, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, HIPAA) and other HR concepts. Compliance with federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Develops robust talent management plans to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Coaches senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Collaborate with COE Process Experts to execute and implements large scale HR initiatives (i.e., roll out annual programs, new programs/policies, etc.).
- Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate senior leadership team (i.e., team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.)
- Ensures fairness and organizational consistency with our 4 I’s in everything we do.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, human resources, psychology, related discipline required.
- Minimum of ten years of progressive experience in all aspects of Human Resources.
- Experience working in a large Operations environment
- Experience building business teams and managing in complex leadership matrixes
- Thorough working knowledge of contemporary practices in the administration of HR policies, including (but not limited to): salary administration and performance review processes; performance management; proactive employee relations; issue investigation and resolution; recruiting
- Strong strategic and systems thinker; process improvement orientation
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.
- Proven project and time management skills with ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience working in biotech pharmaceutical industry
- Executive presence; Strong presentation skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to consult with and influence senior leaders
- Experience managing team of HR professionals
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join