About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Specific job responsibilities can be grouped into four main areas: (i) Preparation of bids; (ii) Review and analysis of pricing; (iii) Review of contract compliance; (iv) Assist in the development of cross functional processes and procedures.
(i) Preparation of bids:
Work with the Sales organization to accurately prepare and submit bids on a timely basis. Ensure established review and approval process is followed.
(ii) Review and analysis of pricing:
Review pricing proposed in contracts, quotes and bids. Identify proposed pricing outside of business unit targets and ensure proper review and approval. Assist in the establishment and prepare periodic Management Reports. Develop new reports as needed to improve visibility of business performance and to track initiatives. Assist in developing and tracking action plans to meet business unit/division objectives.
(iii) Ensure Contract Compliance:
Assist in the establishment of processes and reviews of contracts for compliance. Partner with Sales and other cross functional business partners to action non-compliant customers.
(iv) Assist in the development of Cross Functional Processes and Procedures:
Assist in developing processes and procedures for Sales and business unit to use in approving contracts, bids and quotes. Work with cross-functional business partners in establishing business processes. Leverage tools currently in place and develop new tools as appropriate.
- Accounting software: HFM/Hyperion – Experience Preferred
- Possess international experience and a global approach to business. Experience working in a multi-currency environment preferred.
- A self starter with a proven track record of driving projects through to implementation.
- Healthcare Clinical Lab experience preferred
- Experience in developing business processes and system enhancements to drive productivity
- Clear understanding of the value of metrics and processes.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills. An ability to summarize information and present it in a concise and effective manner to influence other members of the management team at the business unit, division, group.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to successfully interact with other parties (customers, suppliers, service providers, senior management, peers, etc.) in an international setting w/cultural differences.
- A proven record of being able to multi-task and adapt to changing situations and varied demands. Ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment on his/her own and handle numerous responsibilities.
- Previous experience in contract management and revenue recognition desired.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in Accounting/Finance for a multi-national organization. International experience preferred.
- Bachelors’ degree in related Accounting/Finance. CPA and Masters’ degree (MBA) preferred.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join