Analyst Sales Representative Electron Microscopy Life Science
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $22B and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
Analytical Instruments Group - Materials & Structural Analysis Division
Our Thermo Scientific brand in the analytical instruments group offers customers in research, academic, industrial and applied markets a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software and services. In the materials and structural analysis division we design, manufacture, and support the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales. Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, FTIR, NIR, NMR UV/VIS and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets. Our laboratory elemental analyzers use x-ray fluoresce (XRD), x-ray diffraction (XRD), and arc spark optical emission (EOS) techniques for precise analysis of bulk materials in the metals, cement, minerals and petrochemicals industries. Our material characterization instruments include rheometers and extruders that measure viscosity, elasticity, process ability and temperature related material changes of various materials. We also provide a range of elemental analysis instruments used in product development. Our worldwide team of 4,600 employees is dedicated to customers’ pursuit accelerating innovation and driving productivity.
This Position is ideal for someone with an analytical background, supporting technical sales as a spider in the web connecting with all divisions internally and with external customers.
The 2017 Nobel Prize in Chemistry: Cryo-electron microscopy explained
How to make a Microscope
Inside the FEI Titan Transmission Electron Microscope
- Convert marketing qualified leads, that are resulting from targeted marketing campaigns, into sales qualified leads]
- Converting inquiries into sales qualified leads
- Identify customers and potential customers via phone/email/websites, in alignment with the vertical marketing team.
- Develop a plan to expand LS electron microscopy sales by qualifying leads and customer targets and coordinating with the direct sales organization within assigned regional marketing maintains a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
- Identify and suggest new opportunities for our products in the regional marketing
- Work with business development team to implement and execute sales follow-up and qualification of digital marketing campaigns for potential clients and the nurturing of potential regional marketing leads
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive list of potential targets within different service areas for the sales team.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as required.
- This position may develop into an Account Manager role with a requirement to relocate personal residence to the territory in which Company needs representation
• Master degree in Life Sciences or Business strongly preferred
• Occasional travel for training, sales meetings, etc.
• Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
• Highly motivated and competitive
• 1-2 years sales experience, Life Sciences background strongly preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join