When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
What will you do?
This is a 1 year contract position , based in Markham or Montreal
- Identifies customer needs, and appropriate course of action within established performance expectations and departmental procedures.
- Appropriately assess customer driven concerns and escalate or resolve as needed.
- Interacts with multiple areas including internal customers such as Operations, Technical Support, Logistics, and external suppliers to ensure timely and accurate shipment of product and issue resolution.
- Accurately close all work orders and update Contract Database where required.
- Development, maintenance and full adherence to departmental work instructions, standard operating procedures (SOP’s) in fulfillment of the requirements of our Quality Management System and the expectations of our interested parties (internal / external).
- Identify and report quality or compliance concerns to management and the quality function and take immediate actions to remedy.
- Complete all planned or unplanned quality & compliance training requirements within defined deadlines
- Documents transactions and performs follow-up actions in accordance with departmental standard operating processes and procedures.
- Stays abreast of new processes and initiatives within the company.
- Review and understand all departmental Functional Procedures and work instructions.
- Assist in maintaining customer information and update AS-400 ship-to and bill-to addresses.
- Process customer and Field Service quotation requests.
- Work is distributed via email and phone calls
- Accurately open and dispatch work orders; determine availability and location based on technician training records
- Handle parts requests as required (includes returning, ordering and having parts returned to stock).
- Contact vendors on behalf of 3rd party service partners to obtain part numbers, pricing & availability.
- Requires training on pricing and returns processes
Education and Experience
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 3+ years in a related industry
- 1-3 year work experience, customer service or industry related experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- PC computer skills, word documents and spreadsheet knowledge including Microsoft Office Suite, (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook), AS400 and Lotus Notes
- Bilingual English/French would be a plus.