About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Java Web application design and development
- Implementation and testing procedures, modules and related code using best practices
- Supporting, updating and enhancing web applications
- Creating and implementing code documentation to support development
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years industry experience designing and developing interactive scientific or e-commerce web solutions
- Excellent communication / documentation skills
- Clear understanding of client-server functionality and Web browser technology
- Experience with Java technologies including Java 6/7/8, Struts 2, Tiles, Spring, JDBC, Hibernate, JSP, JSTL, Web services(SOAP/WSDL), JAXB, Ehcache, Maven, Tomcat server
- Experience with using tools such as Eclipse IDE, Git, Confluence/Jira, Oracle Developer, Selenium QC, HPALM, etc.
- Strong Experience with an RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc) and working with data formats like XML or JSON.
- Experience with Search Concepts, Search Engines, and SEO a plus.
- Some working knowledge of systems and network administration in Linux and Windows, and be able to get around server using command line to perform common tasks.
- Experience with other server-side technologies including PHP, Perl, Ruby and Python a plus
- Experience with Linux programming or administration a plus.
- Experience with Agile Software Development process a plus.
- Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills using latest tools.
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter
- Multi-tasking with good follow through skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work alone and accomplish tasks without supervision
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join