When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
In this position, you will join a team developing automated semiconductor process equipment that delivers wafer-to-atomic information, enabling our customers to make timely decisions. By accelerating the information age, you will be helping make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, the Software Engineer is responsible for the design, development, integration, troubleshooting and debug of software programs for software enhancements and new products. The position is located at our Material and Structural Analysis Division's headquarters in Hillsboro, Oregon.
- Develop machine control software for control of wafer-dualbeam microscope system hardware.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle from inception to completion including requirements analysis, specification, design, implementation, and testing.
- Add to and improve existing code to meet requirements for flexibility, new features, and maintainability.
The ideal candidate for this position enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary technical environment to solve complex technical problems. If you enjoy the development of high-performance integrated systems, this is an excellent opportunity.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline. An advanced degree is preferred.
- 2 to 9 years of experience is preferred.
- Comfortable with Visual Studio C++ on Windows platform, including difficult troubleshooting.
- Discipline, pride, and professionalism writing readable, documented, and tested code.
- Comfortable with large scale software development, software configuration management, Agile, test-driven development, bug tracking systems.
- Must demonstrate clear ability to develop effective integration software for complex, high-performance subsystems and components.
- Preference for development experience with highly-integrated, high-performance systems used in semiconductor capital equipment or related industries.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills are required due to the high degree of interaction and collaboration across functional groups.
- Eligible for passport and able to travel.
- Experience with standalone servo motion control, robotic systems, or machine automation.
- Experience with PID control, drives, and feedback mechanisms.
- Familiarity with state machines or similar state modelling.
- Experience with MATLAB a plus.
- Experience with machine vision a plus.
- Experience with multithreaded programming.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET, C#, WPF/WCF a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.