This is a strategic customer-facing position within the global Spectroscopy Business Unit, supporting the broad product offering within the BU and Materials and Structural Analysis Division to drive growth in the Materials Science Research market. The person in this role is directly responsible for creating the overall Materials Science Research penetration strategy for assigned accounts; incorporating business unit level account goals and objectives.
- Develop relationships at material science R&D and senior levels with strategic accounts to advance Thermo Fisher’s access and opportunities.
- Create account leverage across the breadth of the BU, Division, and Thermo Fisher Scientific product portfolio (as applicable)
- Align specific proposals and offerings to company objectives by working with business unit product management and commercial product sales teams.
- Conduct regular key account reviews and business updates to key stakeholders within the customer company and within the Spectroscopy business unit
- Owns Strategic Account Headquarter Relationships to identify new business opportunities and supports geographic account activities.
- Deliver bookings and revenue commitments
- Territory Development – Identify potential client targets and develop relationships in the assigned territory to grow the region and increase awareness of the materials science capabilities
- Key Account Planning – Conduct analysis of industry trends and customer applications to assess the potential demands that the clients may have for materials science products. Develop short / medium and long term strategies that result in maximizing the opportunities to increase the sales pipeline.
- Key Account Management - Introduce and ensure client understanding of the Thermo Fisher Materials Science value proposition. Implement preferred provider relationships and strategic partnerships to leverage the materials science product portfolio.
- Commercial Process Management – manage contractual processes including Confidentiality agreements, Preferred provider / Master Services agreements / pricing agreements. Responsible for the resolution of commercial issues / negotiations
- Development of service opportunities & growth – partner with service providers to deliver strategic full service offering and programs.
- Reporting – provide account status reports as required on a local or global basis as appropriate – integrate Sales Force.com as part of daily work to ensure accurate reporting.
- Continuous improvement – identify opportunities for standardized work, and improvement of quality and service with client group. Formulate and implement action plans for continuous improvement
- Key Account Mapping - mapping the stakeholders and functions of a global customer along with Thermo Fisher stakeholders to ensure optimized customer communication and execution pathways.
- Bachelor’s Degree required chemistry, physics, material science, or related fields
- Highly motivated to achieve targets with bias for action
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative and communications skills
- Analytical approach to sales management; demonstrated competence managing ‘by the numbers’ to forecast and to planning for and making commitments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Minimum of 5 years of success in sales
- Experience with managing a complex sales process including experience selling across multiple analytical instrument platforms, including but not limited to spectroscopy, chromatography, and/or mass spectrometry through multiple channels to government, academic, industrial and research institutions involved in material science segments
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix environment
- High energy level with the ability to take initiative
- Effective negotiation skills
- Solution Selling (or comparable) experience desirable.
- Based in North America with ability to travel 50%+ of time
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join