Genetic Analysis Sales Specialist - Berlin area
Reporting to: Manager Genetic Analysis Central North
The role of the Genetic Analysis Sales Specialist is to drive Sequencing Sales for Next Generation Sequencing, Ion Torrent and Capillary Electrophoresis based sequencing as well as Real-time PCR and Microarray business.
The role holder will use their knowledge of the business and external context to commit to and deliver profitable initiatives that build sales.
The role holder will be responsible for implementing sales strategy and tactics for related product lines and applications to achieve sales figures.
The role is home-office based, ideally Berlin area, and permanent.
- Achieve the agreed sales target.
- Increase the install base of Thermo Fisher Scientific Instrumentation within the sales territory ( Ion Torrent, Capillary Electrophoresis, Real-Time PCR and Microarrays)
- Work together with local sales colleagues and manager sales to ensure all possible actions are done in order to secure business in competitive situations.
- Drive business expansion in collaboration with Support, Sales and Market Development.
- Build up reference sites as required.
- Set up and undertake complex negotiations. Review effectiveness or negotiation strategy on a continual basis. Benchmark own sales techniques against best practice. Coach sales colleagues and ensure transfer of knowledge, experience and best sales practice.
- Sales Forecasting.
- Anticipate pipeline changes and has plans in place to address shortfalls.
- See trends and coordinate sales activities with sales manager accordingly.
- Academic degree (MSc) or equivalent experience in Life Science.
- Sound knowledge of the sequencing technologies, Real-Time PCR and Microarrays methods.
- Ideally first relevant experiences in sales and account management.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship development skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to establish short & long-term business objectives.
- Fluent in German and English
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join