When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The qualified candidate will be required to read and interpret product print drawings, including electrical and refrigeration layouts. Must know the proper procedures for the installation of cabinets and have a general knowledge of product lines, terminology and quality standards. Skill in the use of a wide range of hand tools common to refrigeration and electrical trades, such as brazing equipment, will be required and must have basic knowledge of refrigeration and electrical systems.
- Reviews and interprets assembly drawings, work order, and production schedule for product specifications.
- Notifies supervisor of parts to be requisitioned, selects proper panel and other components from work area stock.
- Assembles and brazes systems using a variety of procedures and equipment.
- Cuts, forms, shapes, bends and brazes copper tubing and components according to design specifications and quality standards.
- Cleans, deburrs and prepares units for brazing/soldering, and assembles for brazing/ soldering as required to print specifications. Cleans brazed joints of flux.
- Checks connections for leaks, using dry nitrogen pressure, soap bubble and hy-pot techniques.
- Installs and brazes Hanson fittings.
- Releases nitrogen from system and connects to vacuum pump for evacuation.
- Visually inspects unit before passing to testing. Assists in quality control procedures for pre-testing. Inspection of capillary tube using mass flow rate method and capacitor method on all capillary tubes.
- Modifies and/or completes assembly, making proper connections as required.
- Replaces components as instructed; reworks units rejected by quality control.
- Form tubes using hand tube benders, fixed benders, and gear driven benders.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- Cleans immediate work area.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Associate works in a metal manufacturing facility with very good working conditions.
- Works alone or works with other employees
- Judgment and initiative are required to follow product specifications and maintain company quality standards.
- Normal use and care should prevent any damage to equipment.
- Works with total unit as well as parts. Damages to product would usually be limited to specific parts, with some salvage of materials or re-work possible.
- Exposed to hazardous materials. Required to wear PPE to ensure eyes, hands, and mouth areas are protected.
- Moderate to heavy lifting frequently is required, with standing, bending, climbing, reaching and working in awkward positions common to the job. Good eye/hand is coordination necessary.
- High School Diploma OR GED is required
- Associate must be brazing certified.
- Associate must have CFC Universal certification.
- Ability to lift 30-50lbs
- Three to six months work experience is required to become proficient in most aspects of the job.
- Prior training and/or experience in refrigeration and/or electrical fields are necessary to learning the job.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join