When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Position Summary: You will be a part of an extraordinary team that manufactures high end laboratory equipment for the scientific community. This includes manufacturing specialty equipment such as ultra low temperature freezers, high performance refrigeration units, furnaces and centrifuges. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Cleans, assembles and brazes products to print, work order and product specifications also checks connections for leaks using dry nitrogen pressure. Visually inspects the unit before passing to the next cell. Works safely and ensures best quality products within current times. Fully engages with team and other associates to troubleshoot problems and drive continuous improvement in the plant.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mounts compressor, condenser, and other components in specified locations on frames, using hand and power tools
- Applies solder along adjoining edges of work pieces to solder joints, using soldering irons, gas torches, or electric-ultrasonic equipment
- Adjusts electric current and timing cycles of resistance on induction brazing machine to heat metals to bonding temperature
- Selects torch tips, flux, and brazing alloys from work station instructions and/or Sequence of Events (SOE) or work orders.
- Applies knowledge of metallurgy to determine best method to accomplish quality braze (brass, copper, steel) and performs all job duties within ISO standards using required safety procedures and equipment in accordance with company policies and practices.
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge and understanding of lean manufacturing practices alongside experience using small hand and power tools is preferred
- Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints as shown in SOE. Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels and work instructions
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Exposed to potential hazards including pinch points, fall hazards, chemical exposure and general safety issues associated with manufacturing. Works in hot, cold, dusty, elevated and noisy area
- Manufacturing Experience is a plus
- Brazing certification required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join