When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Under the direction of the Shift Supervisor this position is responsible for installing and removing molds and related auxiliary equipment and components from the molding press as well as preparation of setup for appropriate machines as defined. Responsible to make necessary adjustments to equipment to insure quality and quantity of production for the assigned area.
- Observes safety rules for self and others and insures that all safety guards and devices are in place and in good condition.
- Responsible for proper care of molds and machines, and inspects molds during and after installation.
- Responsible for following the die traveler system.
- Positions assembled molds in press and removes molds and secondary equipment after run.
- Monitors machine cycle times and assure that they are at or below standard cycle.
- Responsible for correcting and/or reporting out of standard performance.
- Responsible for machine adjustments per engineering set-up sheets, following all pertinent quality work instructions (QWI’s). Fills in monitored set-up sheets and writes necessary MCP’s and tool room work notifications.
- Responsible for checking periodically for maintenance problems on machines and write work orders as necessary.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor when assistance from external department is needed.
- Responsible for checking periodically for maintenance/tool room problems on machines and write work orders as necessary.
- Identifies different resins used and assures that appropriate resin is used for a job.
- Responsible for machine and mold safety.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly department.
- Involved with basic process troubleshooting
- Support engineering as required
- Attend and participate in daily communication meetings as assigned
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent/Technical degree preferred
- Must have 1-3 years’ setup experience or successful completion of internal development program
- Possess good reading, math, and communication skills required
- Molding equipment experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Use of calipers and Megna-Mike
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join