When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Under the direct supervision of the Manufacturing Supervisor, the Material Handler is responsible to supply molding machines with raw material, components, scrap containers and is also responsible for line clearance procedures following ISO 9001 (Quality Work Instructions). Will help set-up all secondary molding equipment, which may include cleaning dryers (Nova-Tech, Conair), machine throats and moving Secondary equipment into place (refer to training guidelines).
- Able to navigate basic SAP screens (Transaction Codes) to look up on hand inventory balances as needed.
- Communicate with co-workers which machines need hoppers cleaned, dyers cleaned, etc.
- Record resin lot number on machine activity lot control forms per Quality Work Instructions
- Responsible to check at the beginning of each shift to ensure there is enough resin available
- Responsible to ensure hoppers, wands, and drain hoses are properly cleaned before and after material changeovers
- Responsible for ordering all components, resins, colorants and any job changeovers
- Assist in isolating / separating NCR’d product on the shop floor as requested.
- Responsible for line clearance procedures such as resin and scrap returns per Quality work instructions
- Support of 5S.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Alert Supervisor or Set-up personnel when problems first begin.
- Adhere to all company and departmental work and safety rules.
- Able to operate any machine or operation in department assigned
- Must possess a High School diploma or a GED.
- Must have basic understanding of SAP, and use of weigh scales.
- Must be able to perform simple math such as add, subtract whole numbers.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language
- Must be licensed to operate a walkie truck.
- Knowledge in MS Office including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent hand/eye coordination skills, and the ability to lift and load pallets with weights up to 35 pounds.
- Able to work in a fast paced team environment.
- Able to adjust to changing operating conditions quickly and efficiently and vary pace as required.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Shift Premium for 2nd and 3rd shift employees
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join