When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
US - Massachusetts – Remote
Division: LSG Commercial
How will you make an impact?
The Supply Center Specialist carries out the on-site product inventory maintenance and optimization of the Supply Center and support eBusiness initiatives. They work closely with the Thermo Fisher Sales Team to optimize the inventory and customer experience of these onsite stocking programs to ensure continued growth of Supply Centers.
What will you do?
Working at Thermo Fishers’ largest volume and highest service level customer locations, the SCS is responsible for ongoing inventory, mix optimization, and customer experience to ensure Supply Center annual growth goals are met, including:
- Maintaining inventory and storage units (e.g. receiving deliveries, unpacking stock, restocking, cleaning unit, performing physical inventory and maintaining visual ID and branding standards)
- Ordering inventory (e.g. utilize SCMS or manual systems for collecting daily sign-out sheets or forms, compiling a list of depleted inventory, placing restocking orders and adding new products as needed)
- Rotating inventory to ensure “first-in, first-out” and minimal product expirations.
- Ensure the proper mix of products in the Supply Center to match the ever changing needs of the customers that use the SC by adding and deleting products and supporting new product introductions
- Ensure that customers have a positive experience and confidence with inventory within the Supply Center by maintaining merchandising standards, branding standards, and proper inventory quantity and product mix and maintain equipment condition
- Proactively seek feedback and look for opportunities to improve our business relationships both internally and externally
- Maintain corporate approved labeling and signage, and branding of Supply Center, including ensuring adequate levels of promotional material, sign-out sheets and other administrative materials as directed (including compiling MSDS and Cert of Analysis)
- Respond to customer inquiries (e.g. establish system for spot orders, update inventory) Maintain customer lists, reports and records (e.g. compiling transactions for billing purposes)
- Provide real-time customer and competitive intelligence to Supply Center team and sales account teams on a regular basis
- Determine, in consultation with Supply Center team and sales account manager, customer inventory requirements
- Support eBusiness initiatives by sharing account specific knowledge and leveraging key account relationships
- Utilize the preferred ordering mechanism, SCMS.
- Execute and assist with product shows, seminars, on-site promotions, and other on-site promotional events tied to Supply Center
- Communicate (and establish) ideas for on-going inventory management efficiency to the SC team and your account’s sales AM and DM.
- Complete all required training
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related field.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in customer service, sales, research & development or other related field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a “can do” attitude
- Is innovative and never satisfied with the status quo
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.