In this role, you will operate a variety of processing and packaging equipment to manufacture cell culture media in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices.
Hours: 3rd Shift, 10:30pm - 7:00am
Scope of Role:
In the Operator I role you will be expected to complete routine and/or standardized tasks with an emphasis on repeatable processes, including:
- Following SOPs to perform repetitive tasks
- Escalating all deviations to the Lead/Supervisor
- Interacting within a team
In this role you may complete some or all of the following duties:
- Operate processing and packaging equipment to manufacture cell culture media. Equipment includes mixers, mills, blenders, pumps, filtration systems, and packaging equipment.
- Weigh, measure and check raw materials with assistance of computer interface to assure batches manufactured contain proper materials and quantities.
- Calibrate/operate semi-automated and automated manufacturing equipment.
- Perform in-process sampling and testing to assure batches meet specification.
- Follow all safe practices and SOP’s.
- Complete and maintain Quality Records in compliance with regulatory requirements, GMP’s and standard operating procedures.
- Maintain equipment and rooms in proper operating condition and proper cleanliness requirements.
- Perform activities in a controlled environment up to and including classified clean room conditions.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
General understanding of machinery and mechanics is required. Strong attention to detail required.
Experience working with a strong focus on quality of product required. Prior experience in a GMP manufacturing environment is preferred. Knowledge of computer applications and current software is desirable.
Works in a controlled manufacturing environment; is required to lift up to 50 lbs. and may be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with materials and equipment. Must be able to work overtime and flexible shifts. Various levels of gowning are required.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join