Job Title: Planner
Requisition ID: 62111BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Production Work Order Management
Resolve supply issues by working with in-house partners and/or suppliers
- Inventory Management (including Safety Stocks, Shelf Life, Aged/Obsolesce)
- Capacity Management (calculating future requirements)
Daily and backorder review and management
- Developing, providing and analyzing periodic reports.
Quarterly E&O for reserves.
MRP data maintenance
- New Product Introduction timelines
- Project Management as required.
- Strong customer service focus to enhance satisfaction.
- Ability to develop and provide reports to satisfy ongoing inquires on inventory, capacity and product availability.
- Solid writing skills to develop routine reports and correspondences that are clear and concise.
- Strong verbal communication skills to effectively communicate critical information.
- Good problem solving and reasoning skills to effectively deal with problems varying in complexity relative to job level
- Strong knowledge or planning and purchasing systems
- In-Depth knowledge of planning software (MRP)
- Solid understanding of concepts of inventory flow throughout the supply chain.
- Strong understanding of concepts of inventory management and distribution planning.
- BS in Business related field with minimum 7 years of experience in supply chain/ operations management.
- Minimum of 5 years previous Planning experience
- Proficiency in Advanced Planning, MRP and ERP Planning systems
Proficient with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook).
- MBA and APICS Certification highly desirable.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join