We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering Intern to provide production support for life science manufacturing automation systems and processes.
This person will:
- Assist in the design, development and manage of new, complex, equipment and processes. Identifies and solves engineering problems.
- Assist in the development and build of equipment at all levels.
- Assist in the creation, updating and maintaining of BOMs, part numbers and assembly documentation/procedures/SOPs/URS/V&V
- Create and document assembly and test fixtures.
- Troubleshoot automation, determine root cause of failure and make improvements to the equipment to prevent reoccurrence.
- Evaluate production processes and make improvements for better yield and greater efficiency.
- Identify and implement cost reductions for equipment released into production.
- Identify alternatives for obsolete parts.
- Actively interface with the Manufacturing group and other departments (i.e., Tech Svcs., R&D and Marketing) in problem solving with regards to equipment and systems
- Enrolled in BS in Engineering
- Must have experience in computer-aided design tools such as Solidworks.
- Knowledgeable in fabrication processes like machining, sheet metal, molding, casting and stamping preferred.
- Shall have demonstrated ability to apply creative problem solving.
- Requires good interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Experience developing and documenting manufacturing fixtures and tooling preferred.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join