Job Title: Senior Manager, Analytics & Data Science - Carlsbad, CA
Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG)
Division/Business Unit: Commercial eBusiness / Marketing
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Senior Manager, Analytics & Data Science - Carlsbad, CA
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking an experience Senior Manager, Analytics & Data Science to lead the global Marketing Analytics organization of a major division. This is a leadership position with tremendous potential for growth. This person will oversee a team of analysts and data scientists who will be developing a 21st century measurement and marketing analytics system based on the most modern data science techniques and tools. The systems and processes created will support business leaders and geographic regions make decisions and enhance revenue. This person will lead the partnership with senior management to define strategy and provide insights. This is a very high profile role allowing an individual immense creativity and control over their destiny.
- A leader, self-starter and strategic thinker who will manage a team of CRM, web and marketing analysts and data scientists.
- Take a leadership role in managing the integration of data coming from various marketing and sales channels to create an information infrastructure which will yield relevant and timely business insights.
- Lead the definition of “metric that matter” and manage the process to package these metrics into dashboards and reports to measure performance of the marketing team.
- Actively monitor, analyze and report on the health of the marketing contribution to the pipeline, program ROI, customer acquisition and penetration, contact acquisition and activity.
- Lead the development and implementation of processes across functions and business units to monitor and manage performance. These will include monthly or quarterly performance reviews.
- Drive strong sales and marketing alignment with initiatives and processes that support lead management, improved lead quality and enhanced information visibility.
- Work with members of marketing teams to develop and communicate actionable, revenue generating strategies by analyzing marketing performance.
- Provide analytics consulting support to business and marketing leaders in development of marketing strategies and programs.
- Manage a team of data scientists focused on defining the customer journey and providing predictive analytics on buying behaviors.
- Develop a vision with an allied roadmap of analytics and data science along with the leadership team.
- Assess and manage the introduction of analytics/data science tools and platforms.
- Bachelors degree, preferred degrees are Business or Math or Data Science or Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of analytics experience, preferably in marketing or predictive data sciences. Retail and/or web retailing analytics experience a plus.
- Very strong leadership skills and tremendous initiative.
- Strong quantitative skills. Ability to operate at a tactical as well as strategic leadership level with information. Adept at financial as well as statistical analysis. This position needs a background with interpretive as well as predictive analytics. Passion for numbers, reporting and data science.
- Adept at problem solving and leading teams. Attention to detail and the ability to run data science projects.
- 3 years of management experience.
- Strong team player. This person will need to manage collaboratively and build a team. They will also need to forge relationships across a complex, matrixed organization. Strong inter-personal and networking skills are needed.
- Business, especially marketing skills will give the candidate an edge.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to present complex concepts simply. This person will need to take a deep dive with analysts and also work at a very strategic level with business and functional leaders.
- Very high standards of integrity, ethics and the ability to deal confidentially with internal and external issues.
- Working knowledge of laws relating to data and privacy protection.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join