Facilities Maintenance Technician
Job ID :
US - Pennsylvania - Allentown
- Maintains facility systems to cover 24/7/365 plant operations, ensures that equipment is functioning properly and maintenance is up to date and properly documented. Facility systems include but are not limited to Building Automation Systems (Siemens Apogee), all air handling systems, exhaust systems, reach-in and walk-in specialty DX refrigeration systems, chilled water systems (chillers, pumps, cooling towers), boiler systems (feedwater, steam/condensate and water treatment, pumps), hot water systems (heating and domestic), air compressors, gas/diesel generators, dehumidification systems, fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Routinely observes facilities (Rounds and Readings) to detect malfunctions and ensure safe and effective operation according to the manufacturers specifications and SOPs. Verify and document. Report and maintain equipment/system logbooks.
- Diagnose causes of non-compliant systems operation and complete repairs/adjustments to return systems to original operating specification with explanation of cause, effect and repair of systems as returned to normal.
- Performs repairs and maintains refrigeration, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment according to manufacturer specifications and supplemental diagrams or instructions.
- Performs preventive maintenance or oversees maintenance performed by outside contractors on facilities systems as required.
- Participates and completes required training sessions for facilities operations, standard operating procedures, regulatory site procedures, quality, safety, etc.
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must have skills associated with the following:
- HVAC, Mechanical and Refrigeration for medium and low temperature DX systems
- Refrigeration systems troubleshooting
- Electrical installation, repairs and troubleshooting
- Instrumentation Diagnosis
- Brazing and soldering of piping for drainage fixtures and
- Sink and drainage fixture plumbing
- Physical job requirements:
- Climbing ladders
- Working at heights up to 40 feet on platform or lift
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds, bend, squat, crawl, reach above shoulder level, climb.
- Must be able to use right and left hand for repetitive action: Simple grasping, pushing and pulling, fine manipulation.
- Must be able to work in all outside conditions, exposure to heat/cold, snow, ice, wet weather, dust, dampness, height, moving machinery
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
- 5 - 10 years relevant hands on working experience in the maintenance field
- High school diploma, Trade School Education or Military experience required
- Knowledge and hands on experience with HVAC, mechanical, electrical and control systems.
- Utilization of the Computerized Maintenance Management System to initiate, track and complete work requests.
- Utilization of the Building Automation System to monitor/control equipment and processes to ensure effective site operations.
- Knowledge of and experience with all construction and repair materials, techniques, and protocols. Knowledge of the HVAC and refrigeration tools, materials and test equipment.
- Knowledge of repair, maintenance and installation techniques.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word Outlook and Excel
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Skill in reading and understanding schematics.
- Valid PA driver’s license required for traveling between multiple sites.
- Associates degree or technical training program and/or 5 -7 years of progressively responsible equipment installation, building maintenance and repair experience.
- Experience in an pharmaceutical and/or packaging setting with cGMP knowledge