When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Provides complex analyses in a chemistry or microbiological environment by selecting appropriate methods with independent judgement. Performs analytical methods for complex testing on raw materials, samples, stability, environmental, production intermediates, environmental monitoring, sterility tests, growth promotion, microbial limits tests, and/or and antimicrobial effectiveness tests. Supports internal development and/or manufacturing operations. Makes detailed observations and analyzes, resolves issues, documents, and communicates test results.
- Verifies and processes analytical data. Facilitates development of quality products through participation and representation on group and department level project teams.
- Conducts complex chemical and physical testing of pharmaceutical raw materials, packaging components, finished products, microbiological, and stability samples by internally developed and compendial test methods.
- Leads the validation of test methods for pharmaceutical raw materials and finished products for strength, impurities, identity, and dissolution by HPLC, GC, dissolution, spectroscopy, and traditional quantitative analysis, utilizing HPLC, GC, LC/MS, dissolution, spectroscopy, and traditional wet chemical testing. Determines which methods will be used.
- Makes determination to resolve out-of-specification or unexpected results and analytical and product problems.
- Maintains and troubleshoots analytical instrumentation as needed. Performs audits on equipment periodically to verify proper calibration and use.
- Develops documentation processes. Clearly and accurately communicates the results of work by creating documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained results. Records and reports results of analysis in accordance with prescribed lab procedures and systems. Interacts with clients directly.
- Leads, prepares, and files regulatory documents in support of internal projects. Provides communications with outside departments, corporate sites, agencies, and clients.
- Coordinates and leads writing of SOPs, policy manuals, and other instructional documents.
- Cleans and organizes work area, instrumentation, and testing materials. Cleans HPLC and dissolution systems after use.
- Performs all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and Safety guidelines. Maintains the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical science, preferably in Chemistry or Biology
- Minimum of 5 years of experience performing tests or analyses for pharmaceutical raw materials, finished products, or microbiological samples
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join