The Manager of Project Management provides management for the Project Managers, and is responsible for the overall planning, management and completion of customer implementation projects on the LIMS platform. Responsible for training, coaching, prioritization, performance, management, and recruiting of PMs. The Manager of Project management works with the Sales Team, Customer Success team, and Technical teams to ensure the customer achieves a successful implementation.
- Direct supervision and HR management of the PM team members: recruiting and onboarding, providing support for project questions, holding 1:1s, mentoring and performance feedback.
- Prioritize and allocate resources in coordination with other Department Managers
- Promote successful project implementations through regular meetings with PMs, serving as an initial escalation point as needed and identifying when upper management intervention is required
- Support PMs in the change order process, including identification of a need for the change, documentation, and customer messaging
- Support budget tracking and reviews with PMs and management
- Support the sales process through development of SOWs in conjunction with internal SMEs and participation in RFP/bid defenses
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with internal teams to clarify priorities and drive efficiency
- Define, implement, and enforce standard practices and tools for project management
- Provide visibility of project implementations and team performance to the Director of Customer Success and management stakeholders as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline strongly preferred (chemistry, biochemistry, or chemical engineering) or Computer Science.
- Five (5) plus years of project management experience and two (2) plus years of people management
- Strong understanding of Information Technology and delivery of enterprise software to customers.
- Expertise and experience managing complex, high-value projects.
- Experience in developing project budgets and resource planning.
- Considerable ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across internal groups and customer representatives.
- Considerable ability to develop, lead, motivate and supervise working teams.
- Considerable ability to give clear and consistent instructions to team members.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and perform effectively under pressure
- Considerable problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Strong oral presentation skills.
- Formal training in project management and tools like Microsoft Project, SmartSheet, etc. to create and manage project plans in terms of WBS, milestones and resource management.
- Willingness to travel.
- Formal Project Management Certification (PMP).
- Experience with the Agile Methodology as applied to solution delivery.
- Experience within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with LIMS.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS software delivery models.
- Experience with Salesforce.com.
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join