When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 55,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Reporting to the North America Sales Manager, responsibilities include:
• Converting marketing qualified leads, which result from targeted marketing campaigns, into sales qualified leads
• Converting inquiries into sales qualified leads
• Identifying customers and potential customers via phone/email/websites, in alignment with the vertical marketing team.
• Assisting in developing a plan to expand LS electron microscopy sales by qualifying leads and customer targets and coordinating with the direct sales organization within assigned territory to maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives
• Developing and maintaining a comprehensive list of potential sales targets within different service areas for the sales team.
• Participate in special projects and other duties as required.
This is a heavily customer-focused position and requires an extraordinarily entrepreneurial individual able to demonstrate their added value by creating new opportunities for sales business.
• Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences Business strongly preferred
• Occasional travel for training, sales meetings, etc.
• Must possess the organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines as needed
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills
• Highly motivated and competitive.
• Demonstrable experience in planning and executing business growth initiatives in a fast-moving and intellectually demanding work environment.
• 1-2 years inside sales experience, Life Sciences background strongly preferred.