The Customer Service Representative Lead will provide positive leadership and guidance to the Thermo Fisher Scientific International customer service group. This person and the group are responsible for processing product orders in a timely fashion from Thermo Fisher Scientific Fremont customers. The person in this role will respond to customer inquiries about Thermo Fisher Scientific Fremont products and work with the customers to provide an outstanding customer service experience in line with the values of our Company. In addition this position will assist in the billing and invoicing of customers when necessary.
- Oversees the day to day operations of the OEM/International Customer Service Team. Serves as an escalation point for the team and customers and coaches and trains other Customer Service Representatives
- Process and execute orders for US domestic and international customers, and OEM customers acting as the communication focal point to facilitate product ordering, shipment scheduling, invoicing and export documentation preparation. Adhere to Global Trade Compliance requirements to insure regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for maintaining and monitoring the team’s Global Trade and documentation compliance.
- Plan and organize shipments with the customers, direct and OEM, and the logistics team based on PO due dates, product availability and customer needs. Print down orders and create and review international documents for shipment.
- Monitors product availability and back order situations and works proactively with planning to monitor open orders, forecasting, standing orders, and ordering patterns.
- May provide feedback on performance of team members for evaluations.
- Confirm orders back to customers as appropriate such as by fax, email or over the phone.
- Communicates with the customers on order status updates and work with appropriate departments for resolution.
- Respond to customer inquiries received via telephone, e-mail, fax or other medium, in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner providing a level of service that in line with the Thermo Fisher Scientific core values.
- Ensure that sales orders are entered into the business system completely and accurately so that they can be invoiced promptly and accurately.
- Ensure that all back up documentation and export documents, e.g., PO's, Shipping Reports, AES filings, are complete and on file in accordance to Global Trade Compliance and record keeping procedures.
- As needed, follow up with shipping and customers to make sure products ordered are shipped and received.
- Process Return Material Authorizations (RMAs), bill only invoices, and credits as needed as well as maintain associated logs. Work with the Credit team and the customer to insure completion
- Assist with billing and invoicing to include sales order review etc.
- Assist R&D and other departments with shipping per Shipping Report, providing associated export documents and insuring trade compliance.
- May send out information literature to customers and Thermo Fisher Scientific field representatives.
- Participate in practical process improvements teams to identify improvement opportunities and address process issues that can improve productivity and compliance.
- Perform other customer service related tasks and special projects as requested.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Associate degree or above preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer service, planning or purchasing.
- Proficiency using computer systems such as MS office, and database systems
- Must have experience with QAD MFG/pro or ERP.
- Proven excellent telephone and email communication along with in person people interaction skills, including internal and external customer contacts and coworkers.
- Must be well organized, be able to multi-task, and pay close attention to detail.
- Must have a willingness and ability to adhere to a structured schedule and be willing to work overtime as required.
- Must be a team player and work well in a team environment.
- Must have regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- Experience as a team lead is a plus
- Experience with Planning or Purchasing background a plus.
- Knowledge of export/import requirements desirable.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working with ERP systems
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than $20B in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.