The Application Software Group (ASG)
A part of the R&D organization is the application software group (ASG), which is committed to bringing value-adding and game changing software solutions to our customers that help them with their success. The application software group is a multi-site development organization divided over the R&D sites in Eindhoven (the Netherlands), Bordeaux (France), Hillsboro (US) and Brno (Czech).
The ASG organization in Eindhoven consists of around 50 software engineers and focusses on application software on top of high-end TEM electron microscopes.
We offer training and development opportunity to support your self development and career goal.
- Inside the Titan Transmission Electron Microscope https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEmsDh_l_A
- Blog ASG Designer Eindhoven http://www.brainporttalentbox.com/blogs/3/iwdy98-building-software-related-applications-for-electron-microscopes-
- Blog software architect Eindhoven https://www.brainporttalentbox.com/blogs/3/gl6zc7-achieve-breakthroughs-by-electron-microscopes-
- MDE helps structuring 3 millions of lines of legacy code. https://www.brainporttalentbox.com/blogs/3/eibz8u-mde-helps-structuring-3-million-lines-of-legacy-code-
As a Software Engineer in R&D you will join team in charge of maintaining and developing image and signal processing core components used by all Electron Microscopy applications within ASG.
Your assignment will be mixture of the following activities:
- Software design and development based on a full comprehension of the function, purpose and application of the component.
- Align on architectural guidelines and re-use of components with application engineers
- Troubleshooting and debugging of software programs in a simulation as well as on the microscope systems available for development.
- Focus on quality by contributing to our technical debt management and by using and extending our existing test framework and automated nightly tests.
- Conduct bug fixing on existing issues through software implementation, development of test methodologies and performing unit tests.
- Act as the authoritative owner of multiple functional characteristics and/or modules of the specified component.
The successful candidate for this position enjoys working in a multi-disciplinary technical environment to solve complex technical problems. If you enjoy the development of software solutions on top of high-performance systems, this is an excellent opportunity to change the world. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires, BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or related technical software discipline.
- 1-3 years experience in object oriented development of technical software for high-tech equipment.
- Preference for development experience on top of highly-integrated, high-performance systems. At a minimum, development experience with medium sized software or processing library.
- Able to work on diverse objectives and problems where analysis of situation or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Knowledge of interoperability between different programming languages
Qualified candidates should have proven ability to program using the following languages and techniques within the listed development environments:
- Object Oriented Design and/or State Modeling
- State-of-the-Art C++ v11/14
- Visual Studio, Windows 7
Further preference given for hands on experience with one or more of the following areas:
- Signal processing
- Parallel programming
- Performance optimization
- Boost, STL
- Agile/Scrum Development
- TDD, Unit testing
- Source control management (Git)
- Component Development (ATL/COM)
The successful candidate will possess the following competencies:
- Hands-on approach
- Result driven attitude and good communication skills (English).
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams on High-Tech products
- Familiar in working in structured Agile/SCRUM projects
- Combination of organization and technical skills.