When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
In this position, you will join a team developing and building Spectrometers, enabling our customers to make analyze any kind of sample. By providing these kind of information to our customers, you will be helping make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Master Scheduler is responsible for the forecast of all our production lines, making sure that every sales opportunities can be fulfilled. The position is located at our Material and Structural Analysis Division's facility in Madison Wisconsin.
- Develop and maintain Forecast, master schedule and procurement plan based on history, seasonality and sales opportunities.
- Review and update forecasts, production schedules and material requirements.
- Improve forecasting tools and procedures through application of innovative ideas and projects.
- Analyze inventory levels and product demands to determine reorder levels and safety stocks that will ensure product availability and minimize inventory costs.
- Further develop existing forecast and supply programs to improve current days of inventory and cash cycle.
- Drive, promote and develop positive communication with marketing and sales to improve forecast accuracy.
- Identify and implement process improvements within supply chain to enable overall business process improvement.
- Review material shortages, stock outages, and safety stock levels while working with buyer/planners, sourcing and manufacturing to meet customer requirements.
- Work cooperatively to implement innovative inventory efficiency programs.
- Manage E/O (Excess / Obsolete) Inventory on MSD Madison site
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, or Supply Chain Management
- Minimum of 5-10 years of Supply Chain/Master Scheduling experience
- Experience with Purchasing/Materials tools (MRP, Inventory analysis, Forecast…).
- Demonstrated experience with complex planning, forecasting and product lifecycle programs.
- Working knowledge of Product Development and understanding of product life cycles strongly desired
- Understanding and experience with Lean Manufacturing
- Preferably APICS certified
- Analytical skills
- High degree of initiative
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal); interpersonal skills required, must have ability to work with others while effectively handling internal pressures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Personal Computer skills, especially Excel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.