When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is remote and preferably based in the Midwest
How will you make an impact?
The Metals Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for business planning in the region, managing and forecasting the sales pipeline and process, managing sales agents, managing relationships with strategic partners, coordinating the use of internal resources and negotiating and closing sales when appropriate.
What will you do?
- Develops and maintains sales operating plan for territory that includes opportunity map, target accounts, forecast, sales strategies and tactics, resource requirements.
- Understands the generic strengths and vulnerabilities of major competitors and develops sales strategies to respond effectively.
- Continuously reviews regional performance against expectations.
- Ensures that management is provided with realistic sales forecasts through the use of Sales Force.com and is kept aware of any significant changes or developments.
- Ensures that sales pipeline is filled with opportunities at various stages of sales cycle.
- Regularly reviews forecast, pipeline and sales strategies with individual sales agents, ensuring that opportunities and leads are pursued in a timely way.
- Mobilizes the appropriate partners to pursue specific opportunities.
- Supports sales agents in creating strategies for dealing with obstacles, customer objections or competitive situations.
- Validates sales reps understanding of business needs and unique business value of proposed solutions.
- Identifies deals or opportunities that need additional support and resources.
- Represents needs of agents and customers to internal organizations.
- Ensures that Executive management is leveraged within appropriate opportunities.
- Ensures implementation schedules and support activities are aligned with commitments to customers and to management.
- Manages the contract review process.
- Coordinates efforts with relevant individuals to address non-standard terms and conditions.
- Proactively meets with customers on regular basis after close of deal to ensure customer satisfaction.
How will you get here?
BS degree, technical or engineering preferred or equivalent work experience
5+ years of selling experience, B2B. Preferably in industrial markets
This position does Not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.