Group: Life Sciences Solutions Group
Division: LSG Commercial
Business Unit: Commercial Global Service Support & Customer Service
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
We are looking for a driven Sr. Manager-to join our LSG (Life Science Group) team in Carlsbad, CA who is ready to make a difference. Here at Thermo Fisher Scientific we are the leader in serving science, with an eye on becoming the leader in the Global marketing development space. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Our customers demand more than ever before. It is our mission to exceed their expectations while at the same time significantly advancing the business.
How will you make an impact?
The Sr. Manager Global Market Development will drive marketing initiatives that elevate awareness and demand for the service & support offering across multiple platforms and workflows using a customer centric go-to-market approach. Reporting to the Director of Product Management & Marketing, this position will also lead a Global Market Development team and contribute to the overall growth of the Global Services & Support (GSS) business within the Life Sciences Solutions Group (LSG). The scope of this role includes working within a highly matrixed organization, developing a global and integrated multi-channel marketing plan in collaboration with other divisional marketing teams, as well as managing tactical execution in order to achieve marketing KPIs, revenue targets and other annual operating plan objectives.
What will you do?
- Partner with marketing leadership and product management to create a robust strategic marketing plan that reflects analysis of customer segments, competitor landscape, business trends and market opportunities.
- Develop, execute and measure engaging tactical marketing activities using a customer framework that ultimately leads to increased awareness and demand generation.
- Lead a focused team of global marketing professionals to drive accountability and foster career development.
- Help manage the annual marketing budget, campaign reporting and lead generation funnels for global marketing initiatives.
- Act as an ambassador to communicate our brand strategy in all aspects of our internal and external marketing activities.
- Leverage global marketing capabilities to create and implement appropriate marketing content across multiple channels, with a strong emphasis on digital approaches including web, video, social media, display, search engine marketing and email automation.
- Coordinate with global functions to ensure consistency with brand profiles and company standards.
- Work closely with regional market development managers to adapt marketing initiatives within their regions, including sales training to increase commercial engagement and effectiveness.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, Engineering or Marketing.
- At least five (5) years of experience developing and successfully implementing marketing plans, ideally for life science or clinical research products and services.
- Direct experience in people management with strong coaching, situational leadership and career development.
- Strong business acumen and customer focus are essential, along with a track record of building alignment among
- cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional communication skills as well as analytical, project management and planning skills.
- Broad knowledge of marketing 4Ps, channels-to-market, segmentation, value proposition, marketing plan and campaign development, content marketing, voice of customer research and customer journey maps.
- Demonstration of digital marketing expertise with proven campaigns in several of the following: display advertising, search engine marketing, social, video and automation approaches.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- MBA strongly preferred.
- Experience in instrument related service & support a plus.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com