The SPL is responsible for managing Sourcing activities to assigned projects. He participates in the early phase of the New Product Introduction cycle.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Representation of Global Sourcing in NPI project teams
- Builds and actively maintains relationships with sourcing collegues in other FEI sites as well as other departments (R&D, Product Engineering, Logistics)
- Participate in NPI project teams in early phase to secure sourcing strategy and supply chain configurations in line with the sourcing strategy ( Compass )
- Defines and communicates design of Supply Chain (in agreement with Commodity Managers )
- Support and contributes to strategy based on requirement and FEI make/buy strategy.
- Agrees and deploys with all FEI stakeholders on the sourcing strategy
- Follow up on material Cogs ( supported by Controller )
- Manage escalations
- Helps programming Cogs reduction initiatives.
- Ensures roadmap and long term view on material Cogs ( roadmap )
This position is ideal for a person that has a proven track record of being able to work in complex and fast changing environment, is used to work with large scope and being able to set priorities.
Ideally has a background in Project management and Sourcing / Supply chain roles , preferably in a High Tech Systems environment.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- University degree (Mechanics/Electronics/Business/Industrial Engineering) or a combination of education and experience that demonstrate the required skills
- Preferably trained in specialized Purchasing skills (NEVI)
- Analytical / systematic, practical approach
- Typically requires approximately 10 years experience of which at least 5 years in the field of project management
- Good communicative skills (reporting, interpersonal)
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and in writing)
- MS Office skills
- Can handle stress
- Is self propelling
- Willing to travel
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Pro active approach
- Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement
- Technical and Functional Expertise
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Disciplined and very solid reporting
- Gets results
- Develops Capabilities
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Open Communication