About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
This role is based in our Laboratory Product Division in Ashford.
Contract: Fix Term Contract ( up to 12 months)
Position Summary: To support business critical Engineering Project requirements and meet deadlines by providing accurate repeatable measurement analysis and reports as requested, on time and in full.
Utilising principal measuring equipment including the programming of Co-ordinate Measurement Machines and Vision Measurement Systems
- Experience of PCDMIS 2015
- 2D drawing Interpretation together with an excellent understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T)
- The experience to program CMMs and execute measurements
- The experience to program Vision Systems and execute measurements
- The knowledge to explain all measurement data to project management
- PC skills, MS Excel , MS Word
- A highly driven individual who strives for accurate results in every aspect of your work.
- The proven ability to work as part of a team or un-supervised to an agreed goal or set of deliverables is imperative
- A clear logical thinker with exceptional attention to detail
- Able to multi task
- The ability to interpret measurement results and report out
- Perform Gauge R&R Studies
- A good understanding of MSA
- Preferably an Engineer / Senior Technician with ONC/HNC qualifications
- Knowledge of Keyence Vision Measurement Systems
- Analytical Skills using MiniTab
- A good understanding of SPC and its implementation into production
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.