When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Are you passionate about next-generation sequencing (NGS) and its contributions to the progression of precision genomics and precision medicine? We are seeking a Global Market Development Manager for our Next-Generation Sequencing Division, focused on driving growth in platforms, applications, and attachment of our Ion Torrent™ NGS system solutions in clinical and research arenas. The Global Market Development Manager will create and execute on comprehensive marketing plans to develop compelling multi-channel marketing campaigns and sales enablement tools. S/he will collaborate with Product Management, Regional Market Development partners, and across adjacent Business Units to support new product introductions, sustaining marketing awareness, and lead generation for Ion Torrent™ NGS system solutions in key application areas, such as cancer research/oncology and/or inherited disease research. Working in collaborative, cross-functional teams, the Market Development Manager will drive all aspects of the go-to-market effort for this high-visibility product line.
What will you do?
- Develop strategic, multi-channel, integrated marketing plans for areas of responsibility, including customer segmentation, competitor analysis, business trends, market opportunities, sales funnels, and staging and pacing of tactical programs
- Ensure alignment of marketing plans with Business Leaders, Product Management, Regional Marketing and Commercial partners
- Create high-quality assets, including, but not limited to, creative direction, messaging, and content for digital and print collateral, PR, social media, customer-facing presentations, global tradeshow properties and promotional materials, ensuring consistency with brand guidelines and company standards
- Appropriately position and communicate products within compliance guidelines, while conveying strong value propositions and clear product differentiation
- Successfully engage and direct advertising agencies and vendors
- Develop sales force training and customer education materials in collaboration with product management, R&D, regional marketing, and commercial teams
- Develop, manage and track results for a robust lead generation funnel
- Maintain campaign metrics dashboards to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities
- Maintain knowledge of the trends and competitive activity
- Manage marketing budgets and optimize the promotional mix on campaigns to achieve a high return on investment
- Act as a brand ambassador, understanding, upholding, and communicating our multi-brand strategy in all aspects of our marketing programs
- Interact with varying levels of internal and external personnel including direct customer/key opinion leader engagement
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Immunology, or other life science. Alternatively, degree in Marketing, Communications or Business, with previous work experience in biotechnology, medical devices, or pharmaceutical industry is also acceptable. Advanced scientific degree or MBA are plusses
- 4+ years of proven hands-on experience in marketing roles of increasing scope and responsibility in the genomics, molecular biology, or molecular diagnostic arenas. Experience marketing IVD products is desirable
- Digital marketing expertise with proven campaigns in display advertising, search engine marketing, social, video, and automation approaches
- Experience in developing successful lead generation programs using multi-channel strategies to drive funnel fulfillment
- Self-starter and collaborative within project teams, and successful track record working in complex, matrix environments
- Exceptional skill managing complex marketing projects with a strong attention to detail
- Adept at building and maintain relationships with customers and key opinion leaders
- Strong creative intuition on design and messaging that resonates with customers and an ability to learn from previous campaigns to improve on performance
- Must be able to manage project scope, budget and schedule to achieve timely completion of project deliverables
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experienced and adept with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Approximately 10-15% domestic and international travel
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com