Engineer, Software Test
Job ID :
India - Bangalore
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the requirements (both explicit and implicit) of the system under development
- Develop unit and system test cases, working in-conjunction with the software development team.
- Execute test cases, document results, and work with software engineers to resolve issues.
- Identify failures during test execution and log appropriate information needed to allow the developer to understand, reproduce, and address the issue.
- Exercise good judgment determining priority and severity of defects.
- Champion and track resolution of identified software issues.
*Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Working knowledge of software testing concepts and systematic testing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows based operating systems
- Demonstrated risk-based mindset when evaluating and communicating test results and status
- Ability to work independently to initiate, take ownership of, and lead testing of individual system components as well as more fully integrated software.
- Experience in working in a laboratory, and is familiar with various techniques in molecular biology and cell biology.
- M.Sc/PhD/MS in Bioinformatics/molecular biology or related areas of discipline. OR Computer science degree with demonstrated experience in molecular biology.
- Ability to review, synthesize, and present scientific data and methods.
- 4+ yrs academic or professional experience with computer programming or scripting as well as a solid understanding of modern software architecture, testing and application of BioInformatics concepts in Software development.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills and a commitment to the mission of the institution
- Working knowledge of agile/scrum product development principles.
- Strong Domain knowledge [BioInformatics]
- Experience with one or more programming languages
- Previous industrial product development experience strongly preferred
- A good understanding of software development and bioinformatics is a huge plus