When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is located at our Oakwood Village, OH facility
How will you make an impact?
Field and Safety Instruments (FSI) is the leader in field based scientific instrumentation and radiation detection equipment. Our products are used by the military, law enforcement, pharmaceutical manufacturing and industrial clients in metal fabrication, mining exploration and consumer product safety.
What will you do?
- Development and support of device software and companion computer applications for our scientific modules.
- Develop software modules based on C and object oriented programming (OOP) techniques in C++ and C#.
- Unit and system integration testing, including start-up, troubleshooting, and issue resolution.
- Interface effectively and collaboratively with global R&D team.
- Involvement in requirements management, specification creation and design reviews.
- Accountable for project deliverables, including product quality, and schedule integrity.
How will you get here?
- Requires a BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience and 7 years’ experience developing on Windows, writing Windows applications, including writing specifications, code generation, test, debugging and delivery.
- Strong experience with C# and C/C++ on Windows.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Ability to debug and isolate software issues
- Design pattern and multi-thread experience
- Excellent communications skills
- 7+ years designing and developing in C/C++
- Experienced in software development for analytical instrumentation or similar market.
- Experience working with embedded Windows
- Experience working with Linux / C++.
- This position may require occasional travel to other R&D, customer, and partner sites worldwide (20%).
- Existing (or ability to acquire) permission to enter U.S. government facilities, such as DOE.
This position does not have relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.