When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position is focused on service delivery excellence for UnityTM Lab Services. The Floater role will be trained in multiple services to help cover on site services that include but not limited to: shipping/receiving/mailroom, inventory management, glasswash operations, chemical management, sample management and media preparation. Specific activities relative to the job function could include: dock management, mail services, and utilize the systems and applications relevant to the job functions, such as: SAP, CisPro, StarLims and the Microsoft Office suite. Strong communication skills are also required.
- Working knowledge of UPS and FedEx shipping systems a plus
- Shipping experience, Domestic and International
- Operation of Postage Machines (e.g. Pitney Bowes)
- Hazardous material handling
- Take directions from Lead/Supervisor
- Experience working in or with laboratories
- 49 CFR/IATA certification a plus
- SAP or equivalent ERP system is a plus
- Capture metric information
- Driver’s License preferred
- Familiarity working in a laboratory setting with glassware washers, autoclaves. Knowledge of good documentation cGMP is preferred
- Internation/domestic shipments, including packing of samples, dangerous goods
- Receiving, unloading, processing and delivery
- Provide coverage for sample management activities
- Coordinate shipments and deliveries with customer
- Mail Pick Up/Delivery/Sorting
- Drive Company Van between site and USPS
- Follow procedures as outlined by Best Practices, SOP’s & WIs
- Communicate with Supervisor any customer issues
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Maintain Shipping and Receiving supplies
- Use industrial vehicles - electric pallet jacks, forklifts
- Strong attention to detail in safety protocols
- Daily glassware pickup from labs, wash, sterilize, and distribute
- Operation of glassware washers, autoclaves
- Maintain good house keeping
- Reporting metric’s to management
- Provide services to maintain supply / inventory of clean and sterile lab glass
- Maintain processing schedules and flexible changing priorities
- Perform inspection of glassware for cracks, breaks, and scratches. Report to Supervisor/Team Lead all information for replacement
- Maintain supplies for glassware and sterilization
- Follow all SOP guidelines
- Follow Glasswash and autoclave machine operating procedures including basic operational preventive maintenance
Chemical Management Key Responsibilities:
- Reviewing, creating, and maintaining of company data log sheets
- Handling of hazardous chemicals
- Registration of chemicals
- Delivery of chemical packages to laboratory areas
- Maintain chemical stockroom inventory
- Ordering of stockroom supplies and chemical stocking replenishment
- Assist and support lab audits, reconciliation and customer support
- Support site chemical accuracy through lab audits, movement change requests and returns
Inventory Key Responsibilities:
- Follow SOP’s & work instructions. Take direction from Site Supervisor/Manager/Team Lead
- Makes independent decisions using available resources
- Analyzes/maintains/reconciles customer and Thermo Fisher documents/reports
- Communicate with lead/supervisor customer issues
- Staying abreast of new policies without the need of trainer or manager
- Listens to customer concerns, identify course of action
- Works with cross-functional team.
- Embraces Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodologies and assists in data gathering, report generation and implementation.
- Utilizes systems, databases and or software as required by job
- Represents Thermo Fisher Scientific at all times professionally
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to Thermo Fisher and customer safety requirements
Media Preparation Key Responsibilities:
- Monitor stock levels and prepares routine lab reagents, buffers, tissue culture and other solutions, requested by customer
- Prepare custom media and coordinate with scientific staff on formulation
- Follow all GLP/GMP guidelines during the preparation and maintain appropriate records
- Must have, possess or demonstrate:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellence in verbal, written and presentation skills
- Two to five years of progressive relevant experience
- Thermo Fisher Scientifics’ Four-I Values
- Excellence in customer service skills.
- Detail oriented, problem solver, promote team environment.
- Computer/software skills. (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience in laboratory setting or services preferred
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Must have, possess or demonstrate:
- Interpersonal skills to deal with customer
- Excellent customer service to include maintaining a professional appearance at all times.
- Operating skills to use scanners and enter data in systems as needed
- Organizational skills to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficient with a computer and the Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Initiative in previous work experience.
- Show concern for well being & success of others.
- Communication skills to provide guidance, present information, respond to questions or requests, interact with various levels
- Provide suggestions for corrective action
- Work primarily at customer locations, in office environments or in shipping/receiving docks, stock rooms, storage locations and labs
- May pass through areas where chemical based allergens may be in use (such as penicillin, tetracycline, etc).
- Lift, push and/or pull 30-40 pounds consistently; up to 50 lbs and use carts and pallet jacks
- Wear personal protective equipment to include lab coats, coveralls, hood, facemask, hairnets and/or safety gloves.
- Work hours required to get the job done.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.