- Plans and Schedules all facilities activities to insure an efficient and compliant operation. • Plans and Schedules all facilities documentation activities both written and electronic to ensure a compliant operation.
- Ensures compliance and completeness of the CMMS Master Data.
- Provides general instruction and direction to the Team Leads and employees within the Facilities group.
- Provides technical assistance and training to individuals to assure compliance with cGMP guidelines and written procedures.
- Develops and implements action plans aimed at solving individual problems related to plant/equipment operation.
- Write, review and approve Standard Operating Procedures.
- Directs critical and non-critical work orders equipment changes.
- Review and approve purchases of equipment and service.
- Directs the activities outside vendor/contractors.
- Reviews and manages the individual performance of direct reports.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES / DETAILED DUTIES
- Directly supervises 5-10 employees, primarily Mechanics and Boiler Operators.
- Responsible for the development of all employees within the department by supporting the development of Human Resources programs including Performance Coaching & Development and training to meet current and future business needs.
- Plan and schedule preventative maintenance, generate work orders, track and process work to completion. Organize and implement daily work schedules, prioritize and dispatch personnel to critical tasks. Schedule work around production activities to minimize impact to schedule
- Create and modify PM’s and maintenance procedures to adapt to changing environment. Revise documentation, review and approve revisions of SOP’s and GETs events. Attend meetings with other departments to plan and schedule work. Coordinate maintenance activities around production schedules and to ensure compliance with GMP practices. Respond to communications from other departments to provide technical and mechanical assistance.
- Maintain training schedules & reports, review revised documents. Monitor PM & WO completion and document on time completion. Generate departmental memos to forward critical changes to daily work routines and non-routine activities.
- Perform daily walkthroughs of Facilities spaces and generate work orders to correct discrepancies. Monitor space cleanliness and organization to maintain inspection readiness and safe working conditions.
- Schedule contractors for repairs and contact vendors for ordering of spare and replacement parts. Arrange training for contractors and schedule escorts for vendors working in restricted areas
- Conduct in the field, follow up reviews of PM & WO’s to verify that the tasks being performed by responsible mechanics are meeting the required expectations
- Provide technical leadership and support when requested from internal and external department members.
- Provide an environment that encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force.
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified applicants will have a high school diploma or GED
- 5 to 10 years of experience in plant maintenance in a GMP environment
- At least 2 years of prior supervisory experience required.
- Proficient in basic computer skills including Windows, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Wide breadth of experience in industrial, mechanical, electrical, computer systems
- Extensive experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) strongly preferred.
- Basic knowledge of computerized building and operation automation systems, such as Delta V, Siemens, SCADA, Voltec, Trane, Carrier, Systecon required.
- Must have knowledge or be willing to learn modern lubricants & lubricating systems, and new technologies in predictive / preventive maintenance.
- Must be willing to support and lead a high performance culture and continuous improvement programs through active participation in plant productivity programs
- Experience in dealing with internal/external audit situations preferred.
- Willing to manage employees required participation in all safety and environmental policies, procedures and programs.
- Ability to manage responsible areas for housekeeping, pest control, landscaping, snow removal, and other facility functions
- Willing to provide technical support when requested in areas of expertise
- Good communication skills, including across channels
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Must be able to move up to 50 lbs.
- Work in all types of environment all seasons associated with job
- Indoor/outdoor, physical environment
- Any shift(s), and overtime requirements as needed.
- Must be available for shift work & weekend work as deemed necessary for operations
- Must be available 24/7