When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How Will You Make an Impact?
In this key role you will be involved with revenue recognition procedures, forecasting and project systems management. You will execute billing of contract milestones and sales shipments and provide financial analysis to support reporting and future billing and provide guidance to management in understanding and utilizing that information.
What will you do?
- Assist in the preparation of revenue projections for new and existing business, while working with the rest of the finance team in a proactive manner.
- Collaborate with business management on forecasting, revenue recognition and other billing activities.
- Perform annual pricing updates, sales orders entry, and record service project activities in the system
- Work with Finance, Accounts Receivable, and Accounts Payable to resolve customer invoice questions.
- Develop management reports for monthly revenue and forecasting.
- Notify Manager, Business Services & Control, Business Managers & Project Managers, and Business Services of any pricing related issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How will you get there?
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Strong knowledge of financial systems, financial analysis, and project and account management related revenue policies.
- Strong attention to detail, coupled with solid analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively utilize computer databases to manage and analyze information.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, cross functional environment
- Results oriented, a self-starter with the ability to exercise independent judgment
This position has not been approved to provide relocation assistance.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.