When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Our Greenville, NC location is searching for high-class individuals with both the potential and mindset to generate a positive difference in our Finance organization. As a high performing analyst, you can expect a role that allows for compelling responsibility right from the start.
What will you do?
- Lead annual material and overhead standard cost generation
- Support financial audits by providing information and explanations to auditors
- Generate of monthly, quarterly, and yearly forecast
- Responsibility for inventory and cost management activities
- Partner with Operations to develop and track operational performance
- Document and develop processes to streamline activities
- Responsibility for OCOGS, revenue, and variance analysis
- Perform processes involving establishment of standard costs of new products; review and analyze standard costs for existing products
- Develop, prepare, and distribute reporting tools to enhance business partnering
- Perform reporting activities throughout the month on margins, revenue, absorption, and other metrics to ensure timing and accuracy of standard cost
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of general ledger accounting
How will you get there?
Academics are important, but just as vital are traits such as flexibility, integrity, confidence, and empowerment. You will also need career drive, which involves taking full responsibility for your own advancement.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• GPA: 3.25
• Up to 3 years professional accounting experience in manufacturing environment
• Strong understanding of GAAP
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft Excel.
Equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- MBA, MSA
- CPA, CMA
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills (PowerPivot, VBA)
- Familiarity with SAP
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.