When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Material Handler works in a fast-paced environment in all areas of distribution with the goal of meeting/exceeding both our internal and external customers’ expectation. This includes: providing shipping and order fulfillment serves for finished goods, receipt and inventory of products, supplies, parts and equipment at the Carlsbad facility, through the use of an integrated Warehouse Management System (WMS).
Key Objectives of the role:
- Receiving, examining, sorting, arranging, counting, storing, picking, and packing items for storage and shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
- Preparing and filing routine documentation.
- Operating material handling equipment (e.g. hand truck, pallet jack, fork lift, dock lever, etc.).
- Working in and out of a -20C Freezer and +4C Cold Room.
- Preparing and shipping materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Performs work of a highly repetitive nature.
- Will walk and may occasionally sit, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift up to 40 lbs.
- May handle “packaged” hazardous materials.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
- Must be available to work any shift (with advance notice of shift change).
- Must be flexible to work varying schedules, hours, and overtime as needed.
- Occasional local travel may be required.
- As part of our commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, Thermo Fisher Scientific provides reasonable accommodations to qualified employees and applicants with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
- The Company will not provide an accommodation that would create an undue hardship on the Company or endanger the health or safety of the employee or others.
- Complying with all company safety regulations and procedures and report non-compliance.
- Serving as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate reporting of near misses and attending safety trainings.
- Operating a safe work environment through continuous safety awareness and full compliance to all EHS programs and activities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills
- Consistently demonstrates positive and productive results
- Interacts equally well with all employees utilizing strong interpersonal skills
- Follows written and verbal instructions accurately and efficiently
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Personable, and perpetuates a can-do positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Requires a minimum of 1 year related experience. Experience with Inventory Control and/or with a life science company is a plus.
- Experience using a fork lift.
- Experience with Hand held scanners.
- Experience with WMS Lite and /or E1 (Oracle) software.
- Experience with Lean tools.
- Experience with Microsoft tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point).
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.