Planned schedule: Thursday - Sunday for 10-hour shifts, likely 7a-5p.
- Conducts routine tasks and sample analyses to support process development.
- Records results in notebook accurately, clearly, and regularly.
- Assists with preparing protocols, reports, and test methods.
- Maintains and ensures safe laboratory environment and work practices.
- Helps to maintain laboratory and order common supplies.
- Executes, records, and evaluates experimental data appropriately, including the writing and revising of process development reports and technology transfer protocols as needed.
- Learns and assists with the design and development of mammalian cell culture processes to support the production and manufacturing of recombinant proteins (including mAbs). Assists with performing media optimization, bioreactor process development, and cell culture clarification.
Bachelor's degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or a related field required.
- Prefer science experience related to pharmaceutical industry.
- Must be willing to work weekends.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture preferred.
- Prior GMP experience preferred.
- Good foundation in general scientific practice, principles, and concepts of discipline.
- Basic knowledge of GMP/GLP regulations in cGMP/cGLP manufacturing environment preferred.
- Good lab skills.
- Good problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good MS Excel and Word skills.
- Ability to execute tasks and studies based on the deliverables.
- Ability to analyze and summarize routine scientific data.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to properly document work and write reports.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adhere to standards procedures.
Position requires ordinary ambulatory skills and physical coordination sufficient to move about office locations; ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch periodically for prolonged periods of time; manipulation (lift, carry, move) of light to medium weights of 10-35 pound pounds; arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp and type for prolonged periods of time; visual acuity to use a keyboard, computer monitor, operate equipment, and read materials for prolonged periods of time; ability to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear for prolonged periods of time. Lift objects up to 50 lbs. to a cart and push cart short distances on a regular basis. Stand up to 60% daily. Walk within lab and between buildings daily. Repetitive hand motions.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees.