How will you make an impact?
The Senior Manager position will lead the North America Cost Accounting function within Thermo Fisher Scientific. The North America Cost Accounting function is responsible for accurate and timely cost accounting of 10+ manufacturing sites.
What will you do?
The Senior Manager will lead a team of accountants and have responsibilities related to the following areas:
- Provide technical guidance, mentoring, and ensure consistent application of cost accounting principles across the North America manufacturing sites
- Manage the process of assessing inventory for excess and obsolescence reserves
- Lead monthly close process for team’s cost accounting tasks
- Review and approve manual GL journal entries and monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Lead annual standard cost roll and margin move analysis for North America manufacturing sites
- Analysis of manufacturing variances and the capitalization of variances
- Assist with the coordination and deliverables for quarterly reviews and annual audits performed by internal and external auditors
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and analyses and assist team with research on cost accounting questions and assist with special projects as requested.
- Review work and conduct goal setting, performance evaluations and career development discussions for team
- Identify and drive process improvement initiatives
This role will work closely with the manufacturing operations finance, the accounting shared service center and the Global Cost Accounting team.
How will you get here?
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance and are preferably a CPA
- You have 9+ years of progressive accounting/finance experience with 3-4 years of management experience and cost accounting experience in a complex manufacturing environment
- You possess a strong knowledge of cost accounting principles including capitalization of variances, E&O reserves, and experience with rolling standard costs
- You have prior experience working with financial software such as SAP, JD Edwards Enterprise One, Hyperion Financial Management and Hyperion Enterprise
- You have effective written and oral communication skills
- You can thrive in a large, matrixed, international organization and have the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams
- You keep an eye toward continuous improvement with a successful track record of optimizing processes
- You can juggle multiple projects and execute them successfully
- You are successful in a fast pace environment