The Anatomical Pathology Division (APD) provides laboratories with the broadest portfolio of instrument and consumable solutions, from specimen collection and grossing to advanced staining and cover slipping. The Division generates $400MM in annual revenue and has 1,500 employees in 13 countries. The anatomical pathology product line includes Richard Allan Scientific, Erie Scientific, Microm, Shandon, and Lab Vision.
The National Sales Manager for Digital Pathology is responsible for developing, coaching, and retaining talent; building key customer partnerships; and is responsible for pipeline management in order to achieve / exceed sales results in the Americas. . This includes the direct supervision of the Digital Pathology specialists, as well as the sales team coordination of selling efforts, territory management, relationship management, expense management, and business planning for the Americas. They are also responsible for performing field sales support, account qualification, sales, basic marketing, and assist in installations, troubleshooting, customer training, and technical product support for Anatomical Pathology digital pathology and workflow solutions for an assigned region. The ability to manage complex selling situations with capital equipment is required. Understanding of hospital connectivity solutions and Laboratory Information systems functionality at a basic level is beneficial. The person in the role will both learn and be expected to teach/train new team members on selling and applications for DP within the clinical and research settings. The position requires active collaboration and creation of tools and selling aids with the marketing team. The Americas Sales Manager for Digital Pathology must also represent the company in a positive, professional manner in all dealings with Thermo Fisher Scientific customers, both external and internal.
Key Management Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for annual Americas Digital Pathology sales goals
- Daily management of 2 senior digital pathology sales and applications specialists (east coast and west coast based)
- Responsible for performance reviews, market strategies, annual goals, measuring performance of sales team
- Responsibility for CAS score achievement for digital pathology customers
- Establishing Sales specialists annual sales goals and performance objectives
- Establishing goal alignment, and on-going alignment with each of the 5 Regions and Regional Sales manager
- Support and assist in the execution of new product launches
- Manage SFDC to include building and updating the funnel and lead generation
- Monthly 1:1 with digital pathology CMM and Director of Americas sales to ensure alignment and continued market growth
- Monitors competitive activity and trends within the region; fosters competitive solutions to meet assigned sales goals / quotas
- Assists direct reports with development of account specific strategies; drives tactical execution
- Manage, coach and develop talent of sales specialists in new opportunity creation, selling, demonstrations, proposals, territory management, product installations, training and troubleshooting
- Leading, directing, prioritizing sales force activities in order to exceed quotas and implement key business plans.
Key Sales Responsibilities (Supporting 1 of the 5 existing sales region):
- Interpret and understand customer user requirements, and how they relate to product functionality and performance
- Create and position appropriate Digital Pathology and Workflow solutions to customers.
- Assist in installation of new systems in order to become more expert at managing software and understanding systems.
- Create marketing and customer support tools in coordination with marketing and OEM partner.
- Take ownership of sales process and closing from the TAMs and other lead generating sales people.
- Report, track and manage all customer opportunities via SFDC
- Reviews available technical literature to maintain an awareness of current DP opportunities and regulatory rules—including appropriate positioning from FDA perspective.
- Manage SFDC funnel for 1 sales region
- 5 plus years’ experience in capital equipment sales into clinical and or research environments (Hospital / Pathology / LIS / Connectivity/ Digital Pathology background preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, Microsoft Office Suite proficient to include Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Technical writing skills, ability to work with minimal supervision in a laboratory / hospital environment and in the field.
- Ability to work in a field team environment, and must be customer focused with appropriate sensitivity and sense of urgency for customer issues. Customer facing skills are necessary. Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem solving, listening, and organizational skills are strongly desired. The position requires an excellent communicator with above average demonstrated troubleshooting skills and diplomacy.
- Up to 75% Travel is required
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree required in a Life Science Discipline, Information Technology, Technology Support,
- Minimum 5 years capital equipment sales into complex selling environment.