Main Activities / Responsibilities:
Field Service Engineer focused on Thermo Fisher Chromatography Instrumentation (to be focused on Discrete Industrial Analysers, but also on HPLC and Ion Chromatography)
Performs all Service Activities in line with internal rules and customer regulations
Assure responsive telephone support and diagnostic as well as on-site Services to exceed the customers expectation and making them successful by using TMO instruments. Actively promote our contract products.
Always ensure highest professional relationship with our customer base to achieve customer loyalty and escalate issues if necessary to solve critical tasks in the fastest way possible. Follow our ethical business conduct guidance.
Is responsible to manage the company’s assets provided, such as Car Stock/Inventory of Parts, Computer, Telephone, general Tools, Software, Company Car, Manuals etc.
Optimize their own work schedule by coordinating with all the necessary partners for service planning/scheduling (Dispatching function, Team Leader, others). (5%) The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all of the duties and responsibilities associated with it.
Is responsible to report accurate times of all activities as required (e.g. Field Service Reports, Expense Reports, etc.)
Assures alignment of all activities at the customer site with the rest of TMO and informs other part of TMO of important information with respect to our customers (e.g. information about new purchases to sales/lead generation)
- Professional background in Electronics/Chemistry/Engineering or related subjects
- Experience servicing analytical equipment or equivalent applications specialist experience.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to work across all levels, functions and regions
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Excellent inter-personal, self-motivational and negotiating skills
- PC skills
- UK Driving License
- Willingness to travel mainly within the appointed region but frequently as well through Europe/European Territory. For training or special calls, international traveling including all EMEATerritory and the US is required.
- Good English skills, both verbal and written
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com Ref: 61663BR