Data Analytics Intern
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With revenues of $20 billion, we have approximately 65,000 employees and serve customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as in environmental and process control industries. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve analytical challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
Data Analytics Internship position provides an opportunity for students who are currently pursuing a business administrator, Business Intelligence or Statistic degree to get hands on experience working with data management people in a fast-paced environment. The Data Analytics intern will contribute to development projects and advance best practices. The position starts in June, paid working 40 hours per week through August.
- Analyze data related to product setup for multiple supply lanes.
- Develop data standard and identify requirements for supply lanes and logistics.
- Update processes to reduce hands off between the Product Data Management group and the Distribution Resource Planning (DRP) group.
- Develop mechanism to identify data accuracy and quality of product set up, as well as clearly document exceptions to the standards.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong data analysis skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Strong willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge in process improvement acumen
- Aptitude process management
- Action Oriented Individual
- A senior student currently enrolled in classes related to Business Administrator, Statistics, Business Intelligent, Operations/manufacturing
- General awareness of business functions within operations
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.